Katimavik’s National Experience is an amazing opportunity for any Canadian citizens, permanent residents or landed refugees aged 17 – 25 who are looking for 5.5 months of creative learning, community engagement, Truth and Reconciliation, and self-discovery! Youth will live in a group with up to 10 of their peers in two separate communities throughout the course of the program. During the program they engage in 32 valuable volunteer hours a week, learn how to manage a house, make lifelong friends, and gain confidence that they themselves can make an impactful difference in our country. This is a fully funded opportunity where participants’ travel expenses, living accommodations, food costs, and daily needs are covered. All they will need to bring is their dedication, empathy, and commitment to making a better world!
Some of the topics and skills that Participants will be challenged to learn about include:
- The history of Indigenous peoples in Canada and the importance of Truth and Reconciliation;
- The benefits and impact of civic engagement;
- Professional work skills in a variety of sectors, depending on volunteer placements;
- Cooking skills, house maintenance, and practical life skills;
- Conflict resolution, communication, and how to strive within a team environment;
- Environmental protection and sustainable development;
- English or French as an additional language;
- Leadership, advocacy, and project management skills;
- Canada’s cultural, geographic, and linguistic diversity.
To learn more or to apply to Katimavik’s National Experience please visit our website: https://katimavik.org/en/we-offer/national-experience/
Contact us at 514-868-0898 or email for more information!